Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cranfield MBA Memoir


Cranfield Experience,Living on my own in 35 meters room,living away from my family ,independence,getting out of my comfort zone,tapping into my unlocked potential,travelling to new destinations, cultural blending,social attraction,planning trips in the UK,Oxford Harry Potter,living the UK pub culture watching premier league,having long long queues, watching the amazing architecture,visiting the old churches,Getting Elected in an International Social Committee,Enjoying the English countryside,having oriental breakfast in the UK countryside,meeting Egyptians living abroad,making beautiful friends,travelling on my own, watching Tennis masters in O2 Arena,teaming up with a learning team from 6 continents,endless hours of study, Fast pace of life,36 nationalities in an MBA,Incredible sense of Humour,bringing Santa in the classroom, taking cross continental Europe train,driving a right wheel on the left side of the road,snow,English Countryhouses,Village life in the UK, MK, Initiating Invest in Egypt shirts to all Cranfield MBA,Winning the best Cultural Team in a magnificent international night, having Lifetime friendships, Tasting All sort of food and taste,Living London's hipster life,museums,walks,Notting Hill walks, Supporting Egypt vs England at wembley, watching Paul McCartney live concert in Hyde-park, Eating Shawerma and Humus Edgware road,trips to Europe,Russia,Cuba,Sailing in port , Watching Wimbledon Live , Enjoying the sand of Bournemouth and Colombizing on Colombia day. A lot of memories :)

A lot of thoughts,a lot Of feelings flow when I remember My Cranfield MBA. The experience is another life on its own, the MBA in particular is fast paced,do it to the max context that engage you and get definitely the best out of you.You should be faster,think deeper, work harder, organise yourself better and focus on the task at hand doing one task out of a million at a time. The beautiful English countryside little village was the bootcamp for the experience whereby I lived in a tiny room in a small village with one of the most amazing countrysides in the world "Cranfield". Living on my own was such a challenge  as I have always been part of family in Egypt. However, the year started out with the orientation week which is an icebreaker between the new cohort and involves intellectual challenges,theatre and music,that week served as a fertilised land for growing forever strong friendships with a cohort of 36 nationalities bridging the geographical gaps in no time. The motto of the MBA that together we believe we can all "push your boundaries". The MBA roller coaster ride is a life to the max experience, you have to work for at least 10-12 hours a day, you learn to do many things at the same time having one mind and too many tasks,remember one mind at a time, you appreciate the culture of the other, you focus on how to get things done as a multicultural team. As MBAs, we have learned a lot about each other and about ourselves. The inspiration comes from your ability to fulfill your potential, when you sleep at 2 am satisfied about your work day and wake up the next day at 6 AM thinking how positive you are and what an amazing experience you are living in . The hardwork is not the only tune in the Cranfield MBA, having a Chevening ceremony in Cambridge was another Highlight being honoured in one of the most prestigious schools in the world among 100 nationalities. The social life in the MBA was amazing too, I ran for a social representative position in the cohort and I won the MBA elections, I was responsible with 5 other MBA to shape the social theme of the MBA, we have organised many events including Diwali,Halloween, Xmas Ball,Cranstock music festival and many events including trips to Edinburugh,Oxford,Cambridge,Russia,Paris among others. The spirit was alive and the blend of the cohort was beyond imagination. I believe nothing is more International where all students genuinely blend together, more than the united Nations. The Chevening experience in Cranfield helped me unlock my potential, meeting amazing people that we remain my friends forever, learning how to push myself and stretch myself to work more,to live more and become a better intellectual and a deeper thinker. My network of friends is now much more International with people I can trust and rely on for business and personal matters. I understand now the others better beyond race, religion or Country , I know that there are amazing people in other cultures that taught me to admire other cultures, respect and learn from them and that they are real people and genuine friends.
By @mshegazy www.twitter.com/mshegazy

1 comment:

  1. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. myigfollowers

    ReplyDelete